Thessaloniki has the perfect combination of unspoilt Mediterranean beaches with lively communities, and a glorious past to explore with its three peninsulas, fjord-like bays with emerald beaches and coves.
A stay in Thessaloniki in the city as a base to explore the surrounds by car. With many of the accommodations in the area providing a mix of activities tailored to suit children, such as horse riding, sports, and will provide for special dietary requirements you may have. It’s a great way to meet local families and enjoy at a more relaxed pace.
Part of central Macedonia, Halkidiki is located near the city of Thessaloniki which is on the peninsula of a hand that resembles three fingers, Kassandra, Sithonia and Mt Athos. Myth has it that the greek philosopher Aristotle was born here away from his native land rich in produce, honey, olive, wine and cheese. Halkidiki has more beaches than any other place in Greece and its perfection is a combination of unspoilt land, lively Mediterranean communities of past and preset, entertainment and water sports make it a must to explore.
Things to do in Thessaloniki
- Visit the orthodox community of monasteries
- Visit the war caves and towers
- Enjoy a delicious meal at a taverna
- Visit the Petra Caves and museum
- Join a tour to the olive groves and learn the secrets of olive oil
- Discover the Mountain on any of 40 walking routes or on horseback
- Explore on cycle from 17 routes past lakes and waterfalls
- Visit the Aristotle Park, educate yourself in the phenomena of nature through activities and games
- Visit Archaeological sites across many towns in the region
- Ascend the Towers in many of the towns and capture perfect photos.