There is so much more to Spain than sun, sea and sand. Given its diverse landscape you’ll never be disappointed no matter what time of year you visit. It’s a place for all seasons! In one holiday you can go from sea and sun to mountains and waterfalls. Spain known for its delectable foods, tapas and paella and world famous wines and flamenco are only the start of your experience.
As with all cities there is a history to discover and Barcelona makes that remarkably interesting through its captivating fiestas and festivals and its fusion of ancient architecture and modern attractions. Barcelona thanks to Antonio Gaudi the famous architect of modernism, created Sagrada Familia Cathedral and Guell Park who has now become a reference for modern architecture.. A city with its very own beach Barceloneta, Zoo and Avant-Garde restaurants, serving world class cuisine to the most traditional dishes such as “pamb tomaquet” ( country bread with tomato and olive oil).
Check out our Barcelona holidays by clicking on the pictures below:
- Flamenco Show at Tablao Flamenco Cordobes Barcelona in Las Ramblas
- Sagrada Familia guided tour with Tower
- Guell Park – constructed by Antoni Gaudi enjoy this whimsical park with its Gingerbread- shaped houses and mosaic creations which took 15 years to build
- Antoni Gaudi Monastery – take an early morning tour to a working 1000 year old Monastery
- Placa del Rei – Barcelona’s best preserved medieval square and serves an as open air museum of fine gothic architecture
- Muse the shops on Las Ramblas which runs from the Columbus Monument in Port Vell to Plaça de Catalunya one of Spains longest pedestrianised tree lined streets
- Late evening, enjoy tapas or paella washed down with Spanish beer at any of the restaurants al fresco style
- Try a foodie tour at La Boqueria Market (Mercat de la Boqueria) one of Europe’s busiest markets and soak up Catalan culture as you learn about key Spanish ingredients and be dazzled by the huge variety of fresh fruits & vegetables, meat & fish and chocolate treats that adorn many of the stalls.
Top Tip – get a Barcelona Card
There are a number of options with the Barcelona City Card, with the main benefits being unlimited access to public transportation, free access to museums and 70 plus discounts in shops, entertainment, visit tours, restaurants and nightlife. It can also help you to skip queues at many of the most popular sights which is great when time is limited on a city break. In addition you get a city map and city guide available in several different languages.